Friday, January 1, 2010

Real Catholics only!

I love going to church on New Years day! How much do I like it? I like it more than going on Christmas for instance and I will tell you why right now. On Christmas day the church is packed with folks who only come to church twice a year leaving those of us who attend regularly stuck in the very back of the church, if we are lucky to get a seat at all. However those twice a year Catholics aren't usually their on this feast day.This is not one of those days that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside, not to mention the inconvenience of going to mass in the morning with a hangover. Today is the solemnity of Mary Mother of God, or Feast of the circumcision for all you lovers of Traditionalism. Today my wife, my brother and I attended a most beautiful and respectful mass. Preceeding the mass, Fr. Richard Whalen lead the congregation in some Marian hymns and I am proud to say that I sang with all my might, especially Immaculate Mary!

No comments: