My thoughts are italicised.
Official doctrine of Catholic Church
Decree on Priestly Training
Optatum Totius, #3
Vatican II Ecumenical Council
Rome, October 28, 1965
[Official text, complete and unabridged; bullets have been added to puntuate.]
• "In minor seminaries erected to develop the seeds of vocations, the students should be prepared by special religious formation, particularly through appropriate spiritual direction, to follow Christ the Redeemer with generosity of spirit and purity of heart.
• Under the fatherly direction of the superiors, and with the proper cooperation of the parents, (The Legion systematically cuts parents out of the lives of their children once the youngsters are in their care. In the minor seminaries the boys are allowed to go home for only twenty days a year, no Christmas, no Easter and no birthdays with your family) their daily routine should be in accord with the age, character and the stage of development of adolescence and fully adapted to the norms of a healthy psychology. ("If you leave the Legion you will go to hell and all the souls entrusted to your care will too, do you want that on your conscience"?)
• Nor should the fitting opportunity be lacking for social and cultural contacts and for contact with one’s own family. (Above mentioned cutoff from family and friends. Phone calls are restricted to once a week and letters from home are opened before the boy is allowed to read them, also, outgoing letters are screened before being sent to the parents to ensure the boy is not bashing the Legion to his parents)
• Moreover, whatever is decreed in the following paragraphs about major seminaries is also be to adapted to the minor seminary to the extent that it is in accord with its purpose and structure.
• Also, studies undertaken by the students should be so arranged that they can easily continue them elsewhere should they choose a different state of life. (Once a young man leaves the Legion he has no formal training and no formal education outside of high-school. He has no social skills after years of Legion indoctrination. He does not know how to apply for a job or a college, he doesn't know how to open a bank account or even shop for groceries. When I left the Legion I was deposited at the Cornwall, Ontario train station with $200 in my pocket and a few clothes and told not to bash the Legion out of gratitude for all the Legion had done for me ... yeah thanks guys!)
• With equal concern the seeds of vocations among adolescents and young men are also to be fostered in those special institutes, which in accord with the local circumstances, serve the purpose of a minor seminary as well as among those who are trained in other schools initiated for those with a belated vocation are to be carefully developed.”